GATE 2017 Exam Pattern for CSE, ECE, EEE, Civil, Mechanical in Pdf File

GATE Exam Pattern:

Dear viewers welcome to ewebalerts portal GATE Exam Pattern page. If you want to know GATE exam pattern then you are on correct place.
Here we are publishing info about GATE exam pattern for candidates who are going to appear in the GATE exam to take admission in trades for master degree such as CSE, ECE, EEE, Civil, Mechanical & Engineering.

Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and 07 Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) will conduct GATE exams for provide admission in various post-graduate programs in Indian higher education institutes. To take admission in the good Engineering College for post graduate courses, candidates are required to pass in the exam of GATE & after that qualified candidates of GATE Exam will be called for interview. So you need to check GATE Exam Pattern from this page because on this web page we have latest GATE Exam Pattern.


All candidates can read full syllabus & exam pattern through given below GATE Exam Pattern & Syllabus link.

GATE exam is a toughest examination which conducts by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and 07 Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT). If you are going to present in GATE exam, one thing keep in your mind, not easy task to crack Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam so for that you need proper preparation.

GATE Exam Preparation Material


Applicants, who want to get high marks in exam of GATE, firstly know GATE exam pattern and syllabus before sit in examination. After know the GATE exam pattern and syllabus, prepare to yourself according to it and get sure success. Now we are providing you full details of GATE exam pattern.

Exam is conducted by: Indian Institute of Science (IIS) & seven IITs
Exam Name: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)

GATE Exam Pattern:

GATE Exam Pattern

Pattern of Question Papers:

  • In all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
  • In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF and XE, the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks.
  • The General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
  • In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.

GATE Exam Total Marks and description:

Total Numbers of Question
65
Total Marks of GATE Exam
100
Total Duration
3 hours
General Aptitude (GA)
10 questions of 15 Marks
Engineering Mathematics
15 marks
Technical Questions (subject of the paper)
70 marks
For AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF and XE Codes

The Engineering Mathematics will consist around 13% marks and General Aptitude section will carry around 15% marks out of total marks and the rest marks is devoted to the other subjects of the exam.

For AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL Codes: 

General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the exam.

Types of Questions: 

GATE would contain questions of two different types in various papers:

Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ):

Carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.

Numerical Answer Questions:

Carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.
                                                       
Marking Settlement:
                               
  • For 1-mark multiple-choice questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
  • Likewise, for 2-mark multiple-choice questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
  • There is NO negative marking for numerical answer type questions.

Selection process: 

Candidates will be appointed on the basis of the marks obtained in the GATE Examination.

How to Prepare For Exam or Check by Video -


How to Download GATE Exam Pattern/ Syllabus:

  • At first, candidates need to visit official website that is - gate.iitr.ernet.in
  • Now, press on the “Syllabi” link that is available on the home page in middle & left side.
  • After that, you should download GATE Exam Pattern & Syllabus in pdf.
  • Take a print out of it & start preparation for GATE exam.

Direct Link to Check/ Download Exam Pattern/ Syllabus:














Take a Look on Below Table

Latest Government Jobs 10th 12th Jobs
Rojgar Express Employment News
Rozgar Career India Rojgar Samachar
Latest Sarkari Naukri Latest Railway Jobs
Written Exam Preparation Tips Career Management Tips
Career as Professor Career as HR

0 comments:

Post a Comment