How to Join Indian Army:
Candidates who wish to know regarding How to Join Indian Army after high school, intermediate, or graduate degree as a solider/ officer,they may check the all information on this web page which are being provided by the team of ewebalerts.in. The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces.
Eligible Applicants want to ensure their career in Indian Army because of daring lifestyle, personal growth, job satisfaction, social status & above all love for the motherland. There are a number of ways in which one could obtain a commission in Indian Army.
Read Also ->> GK Questions & Answers for Exam & Interview
Indian army has permanent and short service commission that means a candidate has an option of serving till the retirement & may also serve for shorter duration i.e. for 5 years or 10 years etc. Here we will discuss regarding how to join Indian Army after Diploma, Degree, high school pass, intermediate pass as a soldier, officers.
Read Now:- Indian Army Syllabus
Indian Army and Types Of Commission:
Find Job in the Indian Armed Forces is one of the most plausible & reputable accomplishment for all the Indians. This area provides luxurious, high paying & of course, self satisfactory jobs in the country, which makes this nothing but one of the most-wanted jobs around. The Army offers both permanent and short service commission.
Permanent commission (PC) is granted through the Indian Military Academy (IMA) Dehradun
Short Service Commission (SSC) is granted through Officers Training Academy (OTA) Chennai.
When candidates select the Permanent commission then they basically looking at a permanent career in Indian Army, a career till you retire. SSC is a superb option for all those candidates, who wish to serve it for some years. It offers the option of joining the Army, & serving it as a commissioned officer for 10 years. Once your term is over, you are allowed to select for PC. Otherwise, you may also ask for a four years expansion & may select to resign from your post any time during this period.
All Details:- Indian Army Admit Card
- NDA – After 10+2(Through UPSC)
- Direct Entry (Through UPSC)
- Engineering Graduates – TGC
- University Entry Schemes 10+2 TES
Check Also -> Indian Army UES
Full Information:- Indian Army Recruitment
2. Short Service:
- Non-Tech (Both men & women)
- Tech (Both men & women)
- NCC Special Entry (Both men & women Law Graduates (Both men & women)
Designations, Offered by Indian Army:
Indian Army offers various designations as:-
- Lieutenant Colonel
- Major General
- Lieutenant General
- Junior Commissioned Officer
How to Join Indian Army After 10th, 12th, Degree:
- For NDA (National Defence Academy): Youngsters acquired 16 ½ to 19 years of age.
- 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme: age limits 16 ½ to 191/2 years
- Applicants who are high school passed can join Indian Army as a Solder General Duty and for this they must have scored 45% in 10th class age limit between 17.5 -21 years.
- The selection will be based on the physical fitness test, written exam and medical test conducted by Indian Army.
- Aspirants who are 12th passed can apply for Soldier Technical / Clerk/Storekeeper Technical/ Nursing Assistant if their age is between 17.5 -23 years.
- Recruitment will be based on the physical fitness/written /medical examination.
- Applicants who want to join as an officer have to apply for NDA Entrance Exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year in the month of April/October.
- Applicant age must be 16.5 to 19 years.
- Selection process includes objective type test, SSB interview and medical examination.
Check More:- 10th 12th Pass Jobs
After Engineering Diploma:
- For UES (University Entry Scheme): Candidates should be in between 19-25 yrs and in pre-final years of Engineering Degree Course.
- For TGC (Engineers): B. Tech/B. E. final appearing and degree holders (20 to 27 years of age) can apply.
- For SS (Short Service Commission Technical Men): Engineering degree in notified discipline (20-27 yrs. In age) holders can apply.
Technical Entry Scheme:
- Under this scheme applicant may join as an engineer. For this, they have to clear SSB interview.
- For this candidates must be in the age group of 16.5 -19 years and they must have passed 12th with 70% marks in science stream.
- For IMA (Indian Military Academy Direct Entry):- age must be between 19 to 24 years
- For OTA SSC (Officers Training Academy): age must be between 19 to 25 years.
- Applicants must have accomplished the Graduation for both posts.
- Graduates who are in the age group of 19 – 24 years can join Indian Army via UPSC CDS Examination. This exam is held two times in the month of March/October every year.
- The examination includes written test, SSB interview and medical test. After clearing CDS, candidate will be selected in Indian Military Academy (IMA).
- Aspirants can also join Short Service Commission (Technical/Non Technical) for which they need to clear CDS. After selection they will trained for few months in Officers Training Academy (OTA).
Check now:- Graduate Jobs
After completing graduation or bachelors’ degrees steps that are required by a person to get into the Indian Armed Forces:-
- Combined Defense Service Examination
- Technical Entrances
- Special Entries for NCC
- University Entry Scheme
- Judge Advocate Entry
Eligibility Criteria (As obtained from official recruitment website of the Indian Army)
As per UPSC notification
12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF & Navy
Application to be Received by
As per UPSC notification
Likely SSB Date
Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr
Date Commencement of Training
Jan and Jul
NDA, Khadakwasla, Pune
Duration of Training
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yr at IMA(For Army cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yr at Naval Academy(For Naval cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 & 1/2 Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)
Indian Army Preparation Material
Subscribe for Latest Free Jobs Updates
Don't Forget To "Activate" Subscription Link Sent to Your Email -